Do you need a professional for removing auto window tint?
Removing Auto Window Tint
Removing Auto Window Tint
I'm in need of an economical and easy way of removing auto window tinting. I have a tint job that is at least 10 years old and is bubbling and peeling away, leaving a tint residue that is really unsafe for driving. I called a local tint business, and they want to charge way too much to remove the tinting on my car windows. I'm sure I could do this with time and the right tools. What type of solvent could be easily used to remove the tinting? I know that I would have to be extremely careful around the rear defrosters, but what advise could someone give me to tackle this job?
Don't Cut Corners when Removing Auto Window Tint
I have removed window tint. It is illegal here in my state, as the nice officer informed me after buying my used car. The best way is not try to save money. Go to a home improvement store and look for the window tinting kits there. They sell a kit with the special remover and tools included. This will remove all residue and will be the least likely to scratch the window. Spray it on, let it work, and be patient. It will come off.
Online Answer for Removing Tint
WikiHow has a great answer for removing auto window tint and it includes pictures!
Kath in Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg, NC
Just Removed Window Tint
My husband just removed the old window tinting from our vehicle. For some reason, the film on the front door windows peeled off beautifully with no tools or chemicals. On the back door windows, only the top layer of the film peeled off, but he was able to use a razor blade scraper to get the second layer off (very similar to scraping paint off a window). All the windows now look like they have never had tinting on them.
Take the Next Step:
- For more on removing auto window tint or to share your own ideas, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Community here.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Also in Home
- Deck clean-up and repair
- How not to become 'house poor'
- Pricing garage sale items
- Free and extremely cheap sources of mulch
- Creating an outdoor room on a budget
- How to frugally remove a tree
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?