The Cheap Life
Host a Frugal Cocktail Party
by Jeff Yeager
Throw a New Years Bash for Less Cash
6 Ways to Throw a Great Party for Less
5 Tips for Classy Frugal Holiday Fun
Holidays mean parties, and hosting a party means spending some some dough to entertain your guests. If you are hosting a holiday bash this year, consider a cocktail party. Cocktail parties can be an inexpensive alternative to a dinner party. This week the Ultimate Cheapskate has a few tips to help us throw the cocktail event of the season without busting our holiday budget.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this video with the editor.
Prices keep rising while my income remains stagnant and I worry I am heading for debt trouble. Tell us: Yes, I think I am heading for debt trouble and could use some help! or No, I am not in debt trouble but I am always looking for new ways to help keep my budget on track!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Don't buy these 7 things in August
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Money saving for dog owners
- What is a catfish and how can it cost you?
- Want to save yourself time? Get balanced
- This week's Readers' Tips