A 20-year fitness industry veteran warns us about the underside of the gym industry
Don't Get Gypped at the Gym
Interview by Gary Foreman
Can't Afford the Gym?
Getting Fit on a Limited Budget
If you are looking to purchase a gym membership, you might want to read Memoirs of a Gym Rat by fitness industry veteran Max Hawthorne first. In his book, Hawthorne shares his 20 years of fitness industry knowledge and exposes the underside of the gym industry you'll never see on a TV commercial. He uncovers everything from the surprising things you might not know about your gym but should, how to research a gym before joining, how to avoid the tricky sales techniques sometimes used by the gym sales reps to make you spend more than you need to, and more.
In this video, Dollar Stretcher editor Gary Foreman interviews Hawthorne about those things we need to be cautious of when evaluating a gym for possible membership.
Share your thoughts about this video with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- 6 ways a pet could save you money
- Maximizing credit and gift cards for holiday shopping
- Turning your hobby into extra income
- Gift basket ideas
- Frugal holiday decorating ideas
- Positioning yourself for career advancement
- 5 tips for a budget-friendly vacation
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How major airlines compare on fees, perks
- Cut cable-TV costs with internet TV