A 20-year fitness industry veteran warns us about the underside of the gym industry
Don't Get Gypped at the Gym
Interview by Gary Foreman
Can't Afford the Gym?
Getting Fit on a Limited Budget
If you are looking to purchase a gym membership, you might want to read Memoirs of a Gym Rat by fitness industry veteran Max Hawthorne first. In his book, Hawthorne shares his 20 years of fitness industry knowledge and exposes the underside of the gym industry you'll never see on a TV commercial. He uncovers everything from the surprising things you might not know about your gym but should, how to research a gym before joining, how to avoid the tricky sales techniques sometimes used by the gym sales reps to make you spend more than you need to, and more.
In this video, Dollar Stretcher editor Gary Foreman interviews Hawthorne about those things we need to be cautious of when evaluating a gym for possible membership.
Share your thoughts about this video with the editor.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- What you should (and shouldn't) buy in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 6 ways a pet could save you money
- Make money on Black Friday
- Turning your hobby into extra income
- How to score cheap concert and sport tickets and avoid ripoffs
- 10 steps to zap holiday stress
- Unique ways to wrap holiday gift cards