New clothes when you don't have any money
A Wardrobe Swap Party
by Julieanna Fisico
Stylish Ways to Revamp Your Wardrobe
Create a Great Wardrobe on a Budget
Spring Clean Your Wardrobe
Do you have too many clothes but nothing to wear? For most people, completely revamping your wardrobe by going on a shopping spree just isn't an option, especially if you've got bills to pay or kids to feed. And just think about all that time you'll spend sorting through clothes at the store, which will eventually just end up with you settling on the same old thing, time and time again. Here's a solution that will rekindle your love for your wardrobe and get you feeling great about getting dressed again (and won't cost you a penny)!
Have a wardrobe swap party. You don't need those jeans you haven't worn in two years or that dress that is just a little too snug. Instead of gathering them up and throwing them out, put them to good use! Everyone's got clothes they want to get rid of, but just getting rid of things and gaining nothing is no fun at all!
So this time, here's what you should do:
- Call up some friends and let them know that you're hosting a swap party.
- Get everyone to gather a few clothing items they no longer want (accessories and shoes are great too!) and bring them over one night.
- Obviously, make sure the clothing is still in decent condition.
- Set up a nice, open space to go through everything when your friends come over.
- Have some snacks, go through each other's finds, and trade!
- Take anything that's unclaimed at the end to a donation box.
This can also be a fantastic idea if you have kids. They grow so fast that clothing can really get expensive. Also, if we're being realistic, children like to change their minds about what is "cool" to wear week-to-week, so that money could end up going straight into the garbage if they refuse to wear what you've bought them. Talk to a few other moms or dads in your area (or in the family) and set up a swap party for your kids.
Shop e.l.f. Cosmetics for top quality products at prices that will impress
Having a simple wardrobe swap party is one of the best ways to save valuable time and money searching for new clothes. It's fun! You can grab some really great items and get rid of things you don't want that are just taking up space in your closet. Having even just a few new items in your wardrobe can make you feel like a whole new person and give you your confidence back. Save time and money with a swap party!
Julieanna Fisico is a university student from Toronto, Ontario. She enjoys writing about beauty, as well as finding and writing about creative ways to live on a budget.
Take the Next Step:
- Make some extra cash consigning your used clothing online. An average customer box sent to Swap.com earns $150 in sales proceeds
- Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day? Dollar Stretcher Tips readers think so. Subscribe and find out how many ideas stretch your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor..
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 5 things that cost too much in June
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 ways to save on natural skincare
- Buy generic? Or not?
- How to throw an awesome party on the cheap