The Cheap Life
Factory Tours: Factor in the Fun!
by Jeff Yeager
12 Tips for Inexpensive Family Entertainment
Cheap Family Thrills
Free Family Fun
Looking for some free family fun? Why not try a free factory tour? There are hundreds of factories around the country ready to open their doors to you and your family so you can see first hand how they do what they do. Food factories can be an especially frugally fun choice because you often get to sample the goods! This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate tells us about some great factory tours the whole family will enjoy.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this video with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in September
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
Rehab your poor financial habits before tackling the bad behavior of your kids.
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Get your kids involved with their school lunches
- 6 ways work-at-home moms can find temporary childcare
- Ask The Dollar Stretcher: Simple recipes for picky eaters? Video
- Financial tips for your college-bound student
- The perks of part-time work
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator