The Cheap Life
by Jeff Yeager
7 Habits of Highly Frugal People
Super Frugal vs. Just Trying to Save a Buck
The Top 5 Pitfalls of Frugality
Cheapskates often get a bad rap for being, well, cheap, but they often are some of the most generous folks around. In this installment of The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, Jeff, The Ultimate Cheapskate, introduces us to the 4 C's of cheapskate etiquette, or the Cheapskate Code of Couth Conduct, so we don't inadvertently give ourself or other cheapskates a bad name.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Critical Condition
- 8 things to do before you shop for a rent-to-own home
- How to stop an overspending spouse Slideshow
- Minimizing damage from an overdue medical bill Video
- Don't toss your financial resolutions just yet Giveaway
- Devise and execute a workable get-out-of-debt plan
- 10 steps to take before bankruptcy in 2015
- When must debt collectors give up?
- Worst-case scenarios when filing bankruptcy
- Unemployed: Cash out my 401(k) or roll it over?
- How to rein in a spending spouse
- 6 risky ways to pay off your credit card debt
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum
- Reduce credit card debt calculator