The Cheap Life
by Jeff Yeager
7 Habits of Highly Frugal People
Super Frugal vs. Just Trying to Save a Buck
The Top 5 Pitfalls of Frugality
Cheapskates often get a bad rap for being, well, cheap, but they often are some of the most generous folks around. In this installment of The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, Jeff, The Ultimate Cheapskate, introduces us to the 4 C's of cheapskate etiquette, or the Cheapskate Code of Couth Conduct, so we don't inadvertently give ourself or other cheapskates a bad name.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
I often wonder if I should be seeking professional help to get my debt under control! Tell us: Yes, I'd like to find out if I am a good candidate for credit counseling or No, I don't think I need couseling but I would like to find out how I can pay off my credit cards more quickly.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Adjusting to sudden economic change
- Stop burying your head in the sand and face your financial fears
- Surviving a cash crisis
- Are you a shopaholic?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum