The benefits and pitfalls of using prepaid debit cards
Prepaid Debit Cards and Your Banking
interview by Gary Foreman
The Hazards of Prepaid Cards
Celebrity Prepaid Debit Cards
Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft
Video: RFID & EMV Credit Cards - Are They Safe?
According to the Federal Reserve, prepaid card transactions grew by 33% per year from 2009 to 2012 and now total over 3 billion transactions annually. Experts say that it is affecting the way you and I use our checking accounts. So we'll examine what that does to your finances with Curtis Arnold on The Dollar Stretcher interview.
Curtis Arnold is founder of CardRatings.com and BestPrepaidDebitCards.com. He's also the author of How You Can Profit from Credit Cards: Using Credit to Improve Your Financial Life and Bottom Line. Mr. Arnold has been an expert in the area of credit cards for nearly 20 years.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- 5 features to look for in a balance transfer card
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- A widow's guide to managing money on your own
- Bank loyalty rewards you might be missing out on
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- The Rule of 72 ...or how to easily double your debt
- Is your career an asset?
- The good, bad, and the ugly debts
- The connection between personal finance and self-esteem
- Healthy, wealthy and wealthier
- Can my employer steal my 401k?
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates