Feel trapped in your career? Why not design a new one?
Designing Your Career
interview by Gary Foreman
5 Smart Money-Moves for Career Changers
How to Make a Mid-Life Career Change
Do-It-Yourself Career Counseling
How to Launch a Second Career
Video: Get Started as an Entrepreneur
Do you feel trapped in your career? Wonder why you don't enjoy your work like other people seem to? Looking for a way out? Then you'll want to meet Marc Miller of CareerPivot.com on The Dollar Stretcher interview and learn how to get started designing a new career path for yourself.
Marc Miller's career journey includes spending 22 years at IBM and several thriving tech startups, among them CareerPivot.com. He's been featured on PBS, Forbes, US News and other media outlets. Marc currently focuses on writing and career counseling.
Take the Next Step:
- The Mature and overqualified job seeker
- Reinventing your career in your 50s or 60s
- Will you leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time? Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
- Determine if debt could derail your retirement and what you can do about it now. Our checklist can help you. Afterall, one of the most important ingredients for a comfortable retirement is to be debt free when you retire.
- If you're over 50 your financial needs are different. And so are your questions. You'll find information geared specifically for Baby Boomers in The Dollar Stretcher section dedicated to their financial issues.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Debt is preventing me from saving as much for retirement as I should be! Tell us: Yes, debt is hindering my ability to save for retirement and I could use help dealing with it! or No, debt is not a problem but I'd love to discover more ways to save as I head into retirement!
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
Trending in Baby Boomers
- 6 good reasons to put an annuity in your 401(k) or IRA
- 6 great reasons to use Social Security's website
- 6 ways to receive your payouts from an adjustable-rate reverse mortgage loan
- Pros and cons of saving for retirement through your state
- Before you make the leap to becoming a landlord
- Do I need a lawyer for a trust or will?
- 10 imaginative gift ideas for seniors
- This week's Readers' Tips