Feel trapped in your career? Why not design a new one?
Designing Your Career
interview by Gary Foreman
5 Smart Money-Moves for Career Changers
How to Make a Mid-Life Career Change
Do-It-Yourself Career Counseling
How to Launch a Second Career
Video: Get Started as an Entrepreneur
Do you feel trapped in your career? Wonder why you don't enjoy your work like other people seem to? Looking for a way out? Then you'll want to meet Marc Miller of CareerPivot.com on The Dollar Stretcher interview and learn how to get started designing a new career path for yourself.
Marc Miller's career journey includes spending 22 years at IBM and several thriving tech startups, among them CareerPivot.com. He's been featured on PBS, Forbes, US News and other media outlets. Marc currently focuses on writing and career counseling.
Take the Next Step:
- You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. After 50 Finances is a weekly newsletter dedicated to people just like you. Subscribe and start saving today! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
- Visit our Baby Boomers on a budget Pinterest board for more money saving ideas.
- If you're over 50 your financial needs are different. And so are your questions. You'll find information geared specifically for Baby Boomers on The Dollar Stretcher section dedicated to their financial issues.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- A guide to keeping your brain in shape
- Why you should think twice before downsizing to a mobile home in retirement
- A widow's guide to managing money on your own
- Kids failing to launch? How to prod adult children out of the nest
- Your 401k when you hit retirement age
- Funeral preparations: Getting prepared for the ineveitable
- Do you need a financial advisor in retirement?
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- Social security income calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators