Feel trapped in your career? Why not design a new one?
Designing Your Career
interview by Gary Foreman
5 Smart Money-Moves for Career Changers
How to Make a Mid-Life Career Change
Do-It-Yourself Career Counseling
How to Launch a Second Career
Video: Get Started as an Entrepreneur
Do you feel trapped in your career? Wonder why you don't enjoy your work like other people seem to? Looking for a way out? Then you'll want to meet Marc Miller of CareerPivot.com on The Dollar Stretcher interview and learn how to get started designing a new career path for yourself.
Marc Miller's career journey includes spending 22 years at IBM and several thriving tech startups, among them CareerPivot.com. He's been featured on PBS, Forbes, US News and other media outlets. Marc currently focuses on writing and career counseling.
Take the Next Step:
- Each week After 50 Finances shares time and money saving ideas for the baby boomer generation. Subscribe and start saving today!
- Visit our Baby Boomers on a budget Pinterest board for more money saving ideas.
- What's new on this week's Baby Boomers page on The Dollar Stretcher? How much could it save you?
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Baby Boomers
- 5 tips for finding travel discounts for the 55+ crowd
- Don't fall into these Social Security traps
- Not a signer on the mortgage with your spouse? Better read this
- 7 ways to cut dental costs in retirement
- How to start a retirement fund in your 50s
- A widow's guide to managing money on your own
- How to afford retirement in 10 years
- Does home ownership or renting make more sense in retirement? Expert Interview
- Selling your jewelry for the best price Video
- 7 considerations before investing in a friend or relative's business
- Credit card debt after the death of a spouse
- 10 ways to deal with an expensive emergency room bill
- The perks of part-time work
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- Social security income calculator
- More retirement planning calculators