Do you often wonder if you'd be happier working for yourself?
Getting Started as an Entrpreneur
interview by Gary Foreman
Do-It-Yourself Career Counseling
5 Smart Money Moves for Career Changers
7 Steps to a Successful Career Change
Video: Design Your Career
How to Make a Mid-Life Career Change
Are you feeling stuck in your job or career? Do you often wonder if you'd be happier working for yourself? Then you'll want to join us as we talk with Charlie Poznek on The Dollar Stretcher interview to find out just what it takes to get started down a new career path on which you are your own boss.
Charlie Poznek is the founder of TheBoomerBusinessOwner.com. For 20 years Charlie was part of the hedge fund industry. Then he decided he wanted to build wealth for himself. So he started a number of websites, a podcast, even began an eBay store. Today he does all that, plus business coaching in an attempt to help others make a difference in their world and the world around them.
Take the Next Step:
- Will you leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time? Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits.
- You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. After 50 Finances is a weekly newsletter dedicated to people just like you. Subscribe and start saving today! Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist that lists everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
- One of the most important ingredients for a comfortable retirement is to be debt free when you retire. This checklist can help you determine if debt could derail your retirement and what you can do about it now.
- If you're over 50 your financial needs are different. And so are your questions. You'll find information geared specifically for Baby Boomers in The Dollar Stretcher section dedicated to their financial issues.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Debt is preventing me from saving as much for retirement as I should be! Tell us: Yes, debt is hindering my ability to save for retirement and I could use help dealing with it! or No, debt is not a problem but I'd love to discover more ways to save as I head into retirement!
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
More Baby Boomer Articles
- How you can still get more money from Social Security
- Why you should think twice before downsizing to a mobile home in retirement
- A widow's guide to managing money on your own
- 6 ways to pay less tax, keep more retirement money
- Why you should plan for a nursing home stay
- Credit card debt after the death of a spouse
- Your strengths don't retire when you do
- This week's Readers' Tips