The Cheap Life
The Money Step: Skip It and Enjoy Life
All of us are familiar with the phrase "money can't buy happiness," but do we still subsconsciosly earn money and spend money to do just that? This week, the Ultimate Cheapskate teaches us about the 'money step' and how skipping it can make life more enjoyable. Just listen to find out the financial wisdom he gained from an axe and a basketball!
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Debt from my past is preventing me from saving for my future! Tell us: Yes, debt is hindering my ability to save and I could use help dealing with it! or No, debt is not a problem but I am trying to get ahead financially!
More Money Tips & Tools
- How to get a faster tax refund
- Personal finance calculators everyone should use
- Why you should know your credit card payment cutoff time
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 low-risk ways to earn higher interest now
- How to save money fast
- 7 IRA withdrawals that don't trigger a penalty
- This week's Readers' Tips