What is it about our retirement system that causes it to fail?
Our Failing Retirement System
Interview by Gary Foreman
Retirement Planning Goals
4 Reasons to Stop Saving for Retirement
How Much Do You Need to Retire Happy?
Whether you're 20 or 50, you've probably given retirement at least a little thought. And, whether you've taken action or not, if you want a secure financial future it's time to start giving your later years some attention, even if you're in your 20's.
The Dollar Stretcher interviews Todd Tresidder who is a trained economist and also worked as a hedge fund manager for over a decade with a positive record in all but one year where he broke even. He currently provides one on one financial coaching and hosts his own website FinancialMentor.com and authored How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? .
We asked Todd why current retirement planning models don't work and how we can create a model that will work for us. In addition we asked about:
- what key numbers drive retirment planning
- what is the 'conventional retirement model'
- what is the 'revised retirement model'
- why should you move from an asset based to a cash-flow based model
- how changing longevity could significantly change your plans
- why you should rethink retirement
Purchase Todd's book How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? from Amazon.
Take the Next Step
- For more information on retirement planning, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Library
Share your thoughts about this video with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- 5 tips to starting an internet reselling business
- How to get your spending under control
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Could the things you believe in hurt your finances?
- What to do when your savings don't match your retirement goals
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- Avoid these 10 common tax-filing mistakes
- 9 financial planning rules for women
- 8 things to put on your financial bucket list
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal