What is it about our retirement system that causes it to fail?
Our Failing Retirement System
Interview by Gary Foreman
When Your Retirement Savings Do Not Equal Your Retirement Goals
4 Reasons to Stop Saving for Retirement
How Much Do You Need to Retire Happy?
Whether you're 20 or 50, you've probably given retirement at least a little thought. And, whether you've taken action or not, if you want a secure financial future it's time to start giving your later years some attention, even if you're in your 20's.
The Dollar Stretcher interviews Todd Tresidder who is a trained economist and also worked as a hedge fund manager for over a decade with a positive record in all but one year where he broke even. He currently provides one on one financial coaching and hosts his own website FinancialMentor.com and authored How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? .
We asked Todd why current retirement planning models don't work and how we can create a model that will work for us. In addition we asked about:
- what key numbers drive retirment planning
- what is the 'conventional retirement model'
- what is the 'revised retirement model'
- why should you move from an asset based to a cash-flow based model
- how changing longevity could significantly change your plans
- why you should rethink retirement
Purchase Todd's book How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? from Amazon.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Take the Next Step
- For more information on retirement planning, please visit The Dollar Stretcher Library
Share your thoughts about this video with the editor.