The Cheap Life
Curbing that Impulse to Buy
7 Stingy Steps to Curb Impulse Buying
Video: Behaviors that Lead to Compulsive Spending
10 Ways to Control Impulse Shopping
Is There Any Hope for a Spendaholic?
How often do you suffer from buyer's remorse after making an impulse purchase? This week, the Ultimate Cheapskate gives us some great tips for dealing with impulse buying and controlling those emotions that make us want to buy.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Debt from my past is preventing me from saving for my future! Tell us: Yes, debt is hindering my ability to save and I could use help dealing with it! or No, debt is not a problem but I am trying to get ahead financially!
More Money Tips & Tools
- 10 places to look for $500 in savings
- 9 savvy strategies to save for a rainy-day fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Is debt consolidation a good idea?
- Ways to save on medically related equipment not covered by insurance
- Retirement strategies for a non-working spouse
- This week's Readers' Tips