The Cheap Life
Curbing that Impulse to Buy
7 Stingy Steps to Curb Impulse Buying
Video: Behaviors that Lead to Compulsive Spending
10 Ways to Control Impulse Shopping
Is There Any Hope for a Spendaholic?
How often do you suffer from buyer's remorse after making an impulse purchase? This week, the Ultimate Cheapskate gives us some great tips for dealing with impulse buying and controlling those emotions that make us want to buy.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- Is your career an asset?
- Could you subsconsciously be pushing money away?
- Do you need ID theft insurance?
- What is a fudiciary?
- Could you be sabotaging your financial dreams?
- Can your employer steal your 401(k)?
- How to grow savings fast
- 3 money beliefs that hurt your finances
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
- 3 tips to get -- and maintain -- the best deals on your cable and cellphone bills
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal