The Cheap Life
Curbing that Impulse to Buy
7 Stingy Steps to Curb Impulse Buying
Video: Behaviors that Lead to Compulsive Spending
10 Ways to Control Impulse Shopping
Is There Any Hope for a Spendaholic?
How often do you suffer from buyer's remorse after making an impulse purchase? This week, the Ultimate Cheapskate gives us some great tips for dealing with impulse buying and controlling those emotions that make us want to buy.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- How investing style changes over your lifetime
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- What to do if your credit card rate goes up
- Bank loyalty rewards you might be missing out on
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How to get your side hustle going with crowdfunding
- Combining loans before mortgage application
- Excessive investor fees on packaged products
- Pre-marital financial counseling
- 5 steps to negotiating a better and smarter deal
- 3 critical elements for successful budgeting
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates