The Cheap Life
5 Ways a Sharing Economy Helps Save Money
Bartering Your Way to Savings
Video: How Your Neighbors Can Influence Your Buying Habits
This week The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how neighbors can work together to stretch dollars. From creating a tool and toy library from which neighbors can borrow to lending out backyard garden space for neighbors to grow their own veggies, see the many ways good neighbors can help one another save.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Prices keep rising while my income remains stagnant and I worry I am heading for debt trouble. Tell us: Yes, I think I am heading for debt trouble and could use some help! or No, I am not in debt trouble but I am always looking for new ways to help keep my budget on track!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 9 ways to extend the life of clothing
- 5 ways volunteering can benefit you and your community
- 10 free ways to rediscover everyday joys
- This week's Readers' Tips