The Cheap Life
5 Ways a Sharing Economy Helps Save Money
Bartering Your Way to Savings
Video: How Your Neighbors Can Influence Your Buying Habits
This week The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how neighbors can work together to stretch dollars. From creating a tool and toy library from which neighbors can borrow to lending out backyard garden space for neighbors to grow their own veggies, see the many ways good neighbors can help one another save.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Trending on TDS
- On sale in August: From tools to back-to-school
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less
- Affordable wardrobe accessories for the workplace Expert Interview
- Get well gift basket ideas
- Affordable romance when times are tough
- Finding great bargains at thrift stores and yard sales
- Great ways to give gifts
- 5 steps to negotiating a better and smarter deal