The Cheap Life
5 Ways a Sharing Economy Helps Save Money
Bartering Your Way to Savings
Video: How Your Neighbors Can Influence Your Buying Habits
This week The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how neighbors can work together to stretch dollars. From creating a tool and toy library from which neighbors can borrow to lending out backyard garden space for neighbors to grow their own veggies, see the many ways good neighbors can help one another save.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- What you should (and shouldn't) buy in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- 10 things to make travel easier
- Caring for your leather coat
- Yoga: Get bendy on a budget
- Curbing the spendthrift appetite
- Fabulous 4 time savers
- DIY specialty gift baskets that are sure to please