The Cheap Life
Kitchen Magic: Make Food Waste Disappear
Reduce Food Waste and Your Food Bill
Avoiding Pantry Food Waste
Meal Planning around Leftovers
This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to make money-saving magic by causing food waste in the kitchen to disappear. He shares tips for extending the life of onions, potatoes, and other veggies, as well as cookies and wine. And shows us a clever trick for extracting the juice from an orange using nothing but a plastic bottle!
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Food & Groceries
- How to keep meats from drying out in your slow cooker
- Vinegar: More than just a sald dressing
- How to buy used canning equipment
- Dutch oven chicken enchiladas
- Make your own homemade taco seasoning mixes
- How iron cookware saves money
- Grocery bargains you can find in August
- 7 ways to save a bundle on groceries
- 9 ways to save money on food preservation