The Cheap Life
Kitchen Magic: Make Food Waste Disappear
Reduce Food Waste and Your Food Bill
Avoiding Pantry Food Waste
Meal Planning around Leftovers
This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to make money-saving magic by causing food waste in the kitchen to disappear. He shares tips for extending the life of onions, potatoes, and other veggies, as well as cookies and wine. And shows us a clever trick for extracting the juice from an orange using nothing but a plastic bottle!
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Food & Groceries
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- How to save money and eat healthier with a CSA
- How to optimize freezer space
- Homemade steak sauce
- Lunches to love
- Uses for old spices
- Saving on organic food
- Dollar-stretching chicken fried steak
- March bargains in supermarket and beyond
- 7 frugal ways to save money on groceries
- 10 grocery savings secrets from insiders
- 6 tips for frugal grocery shopping