The Cheap Life
Kitchen Magic: Make Food Waste Disappear
Reduce Food Waste and Your Food Bill
Avoiding Pantry Food Waste
Meal Planning around Leftovers
This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to make money-saving magic by causing food waste in the kitchen to disappear. He shares tips for extending the life of onions, potatoes, and other veggies, as well as cookies and wine. And shows us a clever trick for extracting the juice from an orange using nothing but a plastic bottle!
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Food & Groceries
- Get creative in the kitchen and save #TDSPantryChallenge
- Easy ways to reduce your grocery bill Video
- Why you should use a pressure cooker
- Easy desserts from your pantry
- Saving on health foods
- January bargains in the supermarket and beyond
- 10 grocery savings secrets from insiders
- 6 tips for frugal grocery shopping
- 3 ways to fight the coupon craze Video