The Cheap Life
Small Gardens: Can You Dig It?
Indoor Container Gardening
No Yard? Rent a Garden!
Create a "Pot" Garden and Save Money
Don't let an apartment or small yard keep you from starting a garden and growing some of your own fruits and veggies! This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to get a very cheap start on container gardening. He shares some great tips for planning a garden on very little money and in very little space, as well as how to obtain free containers for your garden and how to keep it frugally watered.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?