The Cheap Life
Small Gardens: Can You Dig It?
Indoor Container Gardening
No Yard? Rent a Garden!
Create a "Pot" Garden and Save Money
Don't let an apartment or small yard keep you from starting a garden and growing some of your own fruits and veggies! This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to get a very cheap start on container gardening. He shares some great tips for planning a garden on very little money and in very little space, as well as how to obtain free containers for your garden and how to keep it frugally watered.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?