The Cheap Life
DIY Project: Key Chime
Video: Can-terns, A Cheap DIY Upcycle Project
Video: Reducing Debt and Clutter with Upcycling and Repurposing
Ways to Repurpose Old Furniture
Do you have a bunch of old keys in your junk draw that you no longer use? This week, The Ultimate Cheapskate shows us how to recycle them into a whimsical chime that you can hang on your front porch or patio or in your yard.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Prices keep rising while my income remains stagnant and I worry I am heading for debt trouble. Tell us: Yes, I think I am heading for debt trouble and could use some help! or No, I am not in debt trouble but I am always looking for new ways to help keep my budget on track!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- Best September bargains for thrifty shoppers
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- Should I sell my phone or trade it in?
- How to get more from the stores you shop at
- Mastering the mess for less
- This week's Readers' Tips