Not all home upgrades add value to your home
Home Upgrades: Smart Projects vs. Costly Mistakes
interview by Gary Foreman
5 Free Home Improvement Projects
Home Improvements Not To Do
Safety Improvements for Your Home
You love those house flipping shows, so much so that you're looking at taking out a home equity loan to start some improvements to your own home. After all, you'll get the money back eventually when you sell your home. Or will you? To answer this question and more about home upgrades, we've invited Elizabeth Dodson of HomeZada.com to join us on The Dollar Stretcher Interview.
Elizabeth Dodson is the co-creator of HomeZada.com, a site and home management app with the goal of helping you to get organized, be better prepared, and save money managing your home.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Managing home projects to keep costs down
- Buying an insurance friendly car
- Is a bigger home really better?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?