The Cheap Life
Disaster Preparedness on a Budget
How to Assemble Affordable Emergency Supplies
Top 10 Disaster Preparations to Weather Any Storm
6 Crucial Steps to Emergency Preparedness
This week the Ultimate Cheapskate shares some cost effective ways to be prepared in the event of a disaster. From creating a famiy communications plan to inexpensively obtaining the supplies you should have on hand, these tips will help you avoid being pound foolish as a result of not being penny wise with your natural disaster planning.
Jeff Yeager is the author of four popular books about frugal living, including his most recent, How to Retire the Cheapskate Way. He is AARP's official Savings Expert, host of the weekly web show The Cheap Life with Jeff Yeager, and his website is www.UltimateCheapskate.com.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?