Great Reads for a Summer of Saving
by Paige Estigarribia
|Smart Financial Choices|
As you get vacation plans firmed up, it's time to start thinking summer reading materials too. We've got some great suggestions for summer reads to get your mind in gear for saving both time and money. Check out the below suggestions to make your summer a season of saving!
The Joy of Financial Security focuses on the complex and interesting relationships between money and happiness. Ms. Cygan explores different happiness strategies and then follows those with different financial strategies. She believes that to truly reach financial security, you must determine what makes you happy. She also believes that money doesn't equal happiness, but it can affect it. The book outlines good strategies for attaining happiness and good planning topics for financial planning. And she also puts everything together so that you can try to accomplish your own goals.
Paying for College Without Going Broke, 2015 Edition by Kalman A. Chany
This book gives the low-down on all things paying for college from completing college applications, planning for long-term college costs, to finding education loans. He also includes information on changes in different aid applications, as well as updated material on tax breaks and financial aid legislation. If you're a parent preparing for your child's upcoming college years, this book could provide some great tips.
Street Smarts: Beyond the Diploma by Jim Randel
What a wonderful resource for all-around good tips for graduates or really anyone! It has wonderful lessons perfect for anyone just starting out in a new job, new home, or new field. He offers general one-page long lessons in topics related to self, communication skills, career advancement and networking, time management and productivity, sales and persuasion techniques, financial literacy, general savviness, investing, and personal development. The book truly gives wonderful and interesting advice for many different aspects of life.
Renovate, Remodel...Relax! by Kathi Fleck, UDCP
Clean, stabilize and speed up your PC.
If you've been mulling over a home redesign, but you don't know where to start, this book could be a wonderful resource for you. The author guides readers through getting started with remodeling and then through the rest of the process. The book is a great reference for ideas and strategies for anyone embarking (or thinking about embarking) on the remodeling process.
Paige Estigarribia is a writer for The Dollar Stretcher who enjoys writing about food, frugal living, and money-saving tips. Visit Paige on Google+.
Take the Next Step
- Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day? Dollar Stretcher Tips readers think so. Subscribe and find out how many ideas stretch your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
- Visit our Pinterest board for A Frugal Lifestyle.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money Tips & Tools
- 5 questions to ask yourself before saying 'yes' to another app or subscription
- Managing your mortgage for building wealth
- Successfully managing finances in a second marriage
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 low-risk ways to earn higher interest now
- How to save money fast
- 7 IRA withdrawals that don't trigger a penalty
- This week's Readers' Tips