An important estate planning step that will benefit your family once you're gone
Selecting Beneficiaries for Your Retirement Accounts
by Gary Foreman
How to Bequeath Your Retirement Savings
Financial Planning for The Baby Boomer Generation
Changing Financial Behaviors in Retirement
A Tool to Determine the Best Time to Take Social Security Benefits
Did you realize that if you've chosen the wrong beneficiaries for your retirement accounts that all your hard work saving and investing could be wasted? Ryan C. Edwards, CFP will help us understand what you need to know about selecting a beneficiaries for your retirement accounts on this edition of The Dollar Stretcher Interview.
Ryan C. Edwards is a CFP and an investment executive at CornerstoneShreveport.com. He works with individuals to help them achieve overall financial success.
Take the Next Step
- Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits. Don't leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Debt is preventing me from saving as much for retirement as I should be! Tell us: Yes, debt is hindering my ability to save for retirement and I could use help dealing with it! or No, debt is not a problem but I'd love to discover more ways to save as I head into retirement!
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
Trending in Baby Boomers
- 6 good reasons to put an annuity in your 401(k) or IRA
- 6 great reasons to use Social Security's website
- 6 ways to receive your payouts from an adjustable-rate reverse mortgage loan
- Pros and cons of saving for retirement through your state
- choosing the right retirement community for yourself or your parents
- What you need to know about Medicare coverage for inpatient stays
- Turning your home into a bed & breakfast
- This week's Readers' Tips