Staying in shape after 50 does not have to be expensive or boring
Baby Boomer Fitness on the Cheap
by Gary Foreman
Baby Boomers Changing Insurance Needs
What Baby Boomers Returning to College Need to Know
Whether you are approaching retirement or have already retired, we all know it is important to continue exercising as we grow older, but we also all know that gym memberships can get pricey. Or perhaps a gym environment is just not that appealing to you. In this Dollar Stretcher Interview with fitness expert Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA of FunAndFit.org, we get some some cheap ideas for staying in shape while staying on a budget and staying out of the gym, if you prefer.
Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA has taught fitness on 4 continents in 4 languages for 30 years to over 20,000 live participants. Visit her site at FunAndFit.org.
Gary Foreman is a former financial planner and purchasing manager who founded The Dollar Stretcher.com website and newsletters in 1996. He's been featured in MSN Money, Yahoo Finance, Fox Business, The Nightly Business Report, US News Money, Credit.com and CreditCards.com. Gary shares his philosophy of money here. You can follow Gary on Twitter or visit Gary Foreman on Google+. Gary is also available for audio, video or print interviews. For more info see his media page.
Take the Next Step
- Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits. Don't leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
- Find information geared specifically for Baby Boomers in The Dollar Stretcher section dedicated to your financial issues. If you're over 50 your financial needs are different. And so are your questions.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
- A tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits
- Get out of debt before you retire
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- Using credit cards in retirement
- Could an underfunded government pension put your retirement at risk?
- Get onboard with affordable train travel
- This week's Readers' Tips