How to help ensure you will enjoy your senior years
Women and Retirement: Planning for an Enjoyable Retirement
interview by Gary Foreman
Baby Boomer's Financial Timeline
Financial Advice for Women In Their 50s
Women and Financial Security
Tips for Women Building Their Credit Score
A recent study showed that 51% of women surveyed were looking forward to retirement. But it also indicated that women have only half as much saved in their 401k plans as men do. Add the fact that most women will live longer than their male counterparts and you have a potential financial problem. On the Dollar Stretcher interview, we'll ask Kelly O'Donnell, Executive Vice President of Financial Engines, what women who are closing in on retirement can do to help ensure they enjoy their senior years.
Kelly O'Donnell is Executive Vice President of Financial Engines, a company dedicated to making high-quality retirement help available to everyone by offering services through fortune 500 companies for their workers as an employee benefit.
Take the Next Step:
- What to do when your savings don't match your retirement goals?
- 6 facts baby boomers need to know about credit.
- Didn't save enough for retirement? You still have some options to avoiding poverty when you retire if you act now.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Debt is preventing me from saving as much for retirement as I should be! Tell us: Yes, debt is hindering my ability to save for retirement and I could use help dealing with it! or No, debt is not a problem but I'd love to discover more ways to save as I head into retirement!
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
Trending in Baby Boomers
- 6 good reasons to put an annuity in your 401(k) or IRA
- 6 great reasons to use Social Security's website
- 6 ways to receive your payouts from an adjustable-rate reverse mortgage loan
- Pros and cons of saving for retirement through your state
- choosing the right retirement community for yourself or your parents
- What you need to know about Medicare coverage for inpatient stays
- Turning your home into a bed & breakfast
- This week's Readers' Tips