How to help ensure you will enjoy your senior years
Women and Retirement: Planning for an Enjoyable Retirement
interview by Gary Foreman
Baby Boomer's Financial Timeline
Financial Advice for Women In Their 50s
Women and Financial Security
Tips for Women Building Their Credit Score
A recent study showed that 51% of women surveyed were looking forward to retirement. But it also indicated that women have only half as much saved in their 401k plans as men do. Add the fact that most women will live longer than their male counterparts and you have a potential financial problem. On the Dollar Stretcher interview, we'll ask Kelly O'Donnell, Executive Vice President of Financial Engines, what women who are closing in on retirement can do to help ensure they enjoy their senior years.
Kelly O'Donnell is Executive Vice President of Financial Engines, a company dedicated to making high-quality retirement help available to everyone by offering services through fortune 500 companies for their workers as an employee benefit.
Take the Next Step:
- What can you do when your savings don't match your retirement goals?
- Don't miss these 6 facts baby boomers need to know about credit.
- Didn't save enough for retirement? You still have some Determine if debt could derail your retirement and what you can do about it now. Our checklist can help you. Afterall, one of the most important ingredients for a comfortable retirement is to be debt free when you retire.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
- A tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits
- Get out of debt before you retire
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- Using credit cards in retirement
- Could an underfunded government pension put your retirement at risk?
- Get onboard with affordable train travel
- This week's Readers' Tips