Frugal Fun Games to Beat Summer Boredom
Product Review: We Review Winning Moves Board Games
by Paige Estigarribia
The Dollar Stretcher was sent 4 Board Games to facilitate this review. The Dollar Stretcher received no compensation for this review. The opinions in this article are those of the author.
One of the best things about summer is a little extra free time. But with the kids out of school, sometimes ideas for activities might run thin. Board games are an inexpensive and fun way to pass the extra time during vacation. We got the opportunity to review four board games from Winning Moves, just in time for summer vacation. Are these games up to the task for summer vacation fun? Here's what we thought:
Winning Moves is an awesome company that specializes in board games. They have a really unique collection of games, and all of the games we've seen are great quality. For summer, Winning Moves sent us Hi-Ho! Cherry-O, Fish, Fish Squish, Guess Who, and Connect 4 Twist and Turn. These games are great for all different age groups.
Hi-Ho! Cherry-O is for ages 3 and up, and it's a great game to teach kids basic math skills. Adding and subtracting are all part of the fun. Fish, Fish Squish is also a really fun game for young kids. And the fun part of Fish, Fish, Squish is...of course...the Squish! Players create small fish from play-doh like material, and when the right combination of cards shows up, then a Squish is in order. My kids loved this game! It encourages looking for patterns so that you can earn a Squish.
Winning Moves also sent us Guess Who, which is a wonderful game of guess, through trial and error, to see if you can figure out the other player's mystery card. And Connect 4, Twist and Turn is a fun variation on the typical Connect 4, four in a row game.
In our opinion, these games would be great entertainment for a hot summer afternoon, or any family game time! Plus this group of games has something for kids of different ages, ranging all the way from age 3 and up. If you're looking for frugal family entertainment to combat summer boredom, check out these games! And Winning Moves has graciously offered to give away a set of all four games to one of our lucky readers! Be sure to visit the giveaway page for your chance to win, or enter through the raffllecopter below!
Paige Estigarribia is a writer for The Dollar Stretcher who enjoys writing about food, frugal living, and money-saving tips. Visit Paige on Google+.
Take the Next Step
- It's tough raising kids today! You need every time and money saving idea you can find. That's why you'll want to get our free weekly Dollar Stretcher for Parents newsletter. You'll find great ideas designed just for parents that will help your family 'live better...for less'! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
- Find new ways to reduce the family budget each week on our page dedicated to frugal families like yours.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 15 fashionable ways to save on clothes, shoes & accessories
- 5 ways to save on craft beer
- Who needs travel insurance?
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- This week's Readers' Tips