Not ready to head to the golf course just yet?
Creating a Second Successful Career in Retirement
by Gary Foreman
Creating a Side Income in Retirement
Retirement Hobbies that Make Money from Home
Part-Time Jobs for Retirees
Reinventing Your Career in Your 50s or 60s
If you are considering retirement but not quite ready to head out to the golf course just yet, why not make a career change and work in retirement doing something you love or have always wanted to do? On this The Dollar Stretcher Interview, Dollar Stretcher editor Gary Foreman explores this topic with career reinvention coach John Tarnoff.
John Tarnoff is a career reinvention coach, speaker, and author. He focuses on helping Baby Boomers in reinventing their careers. John spent nearly 30 years as a Los Angeles-based film producer, studio executive, and tech entrepreneur before reinventing his own career at age 50, and going back to school to earn a M.A. in counseling psychology. He also blogs at JohnTarnoff.com.
Take the Next Step
- Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits. Don't leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
- Find information geared specifically for Baby Boomers in The Dollar Stretcher section dedicated to your financial issues. If you're over 50 your financial needs are different. And so are your questions.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- How to avoid Medicare mistakes
- Can a reverse mortgage safely boost retirement income?
- Retirement budgeting tips for fixed-income couples
- Getting started as an entrepreneur
- This week's Readers' Tips