Don't tip off the burglars that you are away
Protecting Your Home While on Vacation
The 2-Minute Dollar Stretcher
How Boomers Can Protect Their Home While Traveling
Cheap Home Security Solutions
A Burglar Reveals 15 Trade Secrets
You spend a lot of time planning your vacation. But do you spend any time thinking about how you can protect your home while you are away? This week on The 2-Minute Dollar Stretcher, Dollar Stretcher editor Gary Foreman provides tips on how to prevent burglars from noticing you're out of town.
Gary Foreman is a former financial planner and purchasing manager who founded The Dollar Stretcher.com website and newsletters in 1996. He's been featured in MSN Money, Yahoo Finance, Fox Business, The Nightly Business Report, US News Money, Credit.com and CreditCards.com. Gary shares his philosophy of money here. You can follow Gary on Twitter or visit Gary Foreman on Google+. Gary is also available for audio, video or print interviews. For more info see his media page.
Take the Next Step:
- Clear your clutter the fast and easy way with Goodbye Clutter!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Preparing your home for sale
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- 4 ways to extend the life of your car
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?