Don't tip off the burglars that you are away
Protecting Your Home While on Vacation
The 2-Minute Dollar Stretcher
How Boomers Can Protect Their Home While Traveling
Cheap Home Security Solutions
A Burglar Reveals 15 Trade Secrets
You spend a lot of time planning your vacation. But do you spend any time thinking about how you can protect your home while you are away? This week on The 2-Minute Dollar Stretcher, Dollar Stretcher editor Gary Foreman provides tips on how to prevent burglars from noticing you're out of town.
Reviewed May 2017
Gary Foreman is a former financial planner and purchasing manager who founded The Dollar Stretcher.com website and newsletters in 1996. He's been featured in MSN Money, Yahoo Finance, Fox Business, The Nightly Business Report, US News Money, Credit.com and CreditCards.com. Gary shares his philosophy of money here. You can follow Gary on Twitter. Gary is also available for audio, video or print interviews. For more info see his media page.
Take the Next Step:
- Make travel part of your frugal lifestyle with The Dollar Stretcher's Guide to Vacationing for Less.
- Get tips for hiring an affordable, reliable housesitter.
- Join those who 'live better...for less' - Subscribe to The Dollar Stretcher newsletter, a weekly look at how to stretch both your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
More Money Tips & Tools
- The best sources of adult education for updating your resume
- Personal finance calculators everyone should use
- How financial wellness differs from wealth
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 low-risk ways to earn higher interest now
- How to save money fast
- 7 IRA withdrawals that don't trigger a penalty
- This week's Readers' Tips