How many could you do without?
Things I Never Use
Natural Home Cleaning Products
Sitting here, I was just thinking of all the things that I never use:
- baggies for sandwiches and leftovers (I use reusable plastic containers.)
- dryer sheets (Clothes get just as soft without them in the dryer.)
- fabric softener
- spot free rinse liquid in the dishwasher (And I still don't have spots.)
- paper napkins (I use cloth.)
- paper towels
- Kleenex (I use cloth.)
- deodorant (Baking soda or rubbing alcohol work fine for me.)
- hair dye
- beauty shops (I use a beauty school for some of my haircuts, but mostly I do my own.)
- finger nail polish
- hair conditioners (Once in a while, I rinse with diluted vinegar.)
- washing machine pods (I use powdered or liquid.)
- dishwasher pods
- disposable vacuum bags
- air fresheners (I open windows as needed.)
- prepackaged mixes
- processed foods
- anything in a can (I buy fresh or frozen.)
- pre-made bread (I make my own bread from scratch.)
- pre-made pudding (Homemade is best.)
- bottled water (I make my own distilled water.)
- beer, wine, or alcohol (I don't drink.)
- liquid body washes (I use Dial soap.)
- gasoline for my lawn mower (I use a rechargeable electric lawnmower.)
- lawn chemicals
- conventional hot water heater (I have tankless water heater.)
- much gasoline (I have a Toyota Prius Hybrid.)
- excess water (My water bill is about $35 per month.)
I could go on. The list is endless. I make every possible effort to leave as small an imprint on our small planet as I can. I live healthier, eat well and frugally, use common sense, and watch my pennies and dollars grow.
Take the Next Step:
- Looking for ways to reduce your ecological footprint and save money? Then visit the Natural Living section of the TDS library.
- Want to save money by living green? Here's how living green can prove to be frugal.
- Consider these 10 things you should stop buying at the grocery store.
- Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day? Dollar Stretcher Tips readers think so. Subscribe and find out how many ideas stretch your day and your dollar! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Prices keep rising while my income remains stagnant and I worry I am heading for debt trouble. Tell us: Yes, I think I am heading for debt trouble and could use some help! or No, I am not in debt trouble but I am always looking for new ways to help keep my budget on track!