Advice from Mom: Everyday Hints
by Rae Osenbaugh
Here's a few everyday "hints" that can help make a household run smoother and more efficiently....
Rubbing alcohol will remove ball-point pen ink marks.
A mixture of half hot vinegar and half salt will clean and polish brass. Just rub it on and polish off.
Put candles in the refrigerator for 24 hours--they will last longer and be less likely to drip.
Ordinary baking soda on a damp cloth will remove grime and grease from the glass on an oven door.
Cold tea, coffee grounds, or egg shells make a good fertilizer for house plants, and can act as an insecticide, too.
"Plant" a few moth balls into the ground around flower beds to keep dogs away.
Rinse your pan with cold water before heating milk in it to prevent scorching and make cleaning easier.
Have a good day, Rae
Also in Home
- Creating an outdoor kitchen
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Saving on water one drop at a time
- Cheaper summer cooling
- Inexpensive landscaping ideas
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?