Advice from Mom: Get Organized, Make a List!
by Rae Osenbaugh
The above title is what I keep on my screen saver as a reminder to myself...I need a constant reminder because I do get behind sometimes. This week is a good example....I'm writing this at the very last minute.
But, I did find a fantastic freebie on the 'net that I've been using this week. Actually, my husband found it, and downloaded it onto my computer. When I got up the next morning, there it was--staring back at me from my computer screen. I was not real pleased with him for a moment: I get a little irritated with people who mess with my systems...
But anyway, you can download (free for 30 days) the 3-M Post-it notes for your computer. I didn't want to try it at first: I thought it was just extra work that I didn't need to take up my time. The little post-it notes (some of us refer to them as sticky-notes) are able to be organized into memo boards or just stick them all over your screen...I like the memo boards the best: I have about 8 of them (minimized) where I keep notes to myself organized by subject. I have one board for telephone numbers I need, I have one labeled "Dollar Stretcher" where I keep ideas, I have two labeled today and tomorrow. The program also has an alarm feature (with snooze button!) to remind you of current appointments. Individual post-it notes can also be sent to someone else through your e-mail system. But, this feature isn't available on the free version, you have to install the regular one to get it....but the help file on it makes it look real useful.
The URL of this fantastic program is: www.mmm.com It has some sort of a timer that will disable it after 30 days. But, they give an 800 number where you can order it, or they also suggest you look at your local software dealer (which I did, but they didn't have it). Once you've brought up the 3-M web page, go to "Post-it(R)Software Notes"--You can't miss it....
Thanks for everyone's letters and notes: I'm still working on answering all of you...somehow I got really behind this week...gotta get organized!
Have a good day.....Rae
Rae is the mother of nine (and grandmother of two) in central Nebraska. She says her house runs smoothly due to "organized chaos, and lots of lists!
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?