Taking Care of a New Car
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Please tell Bob Thank-you for answering my question about buying a Toyota.
Glad to hear that my "public" appreciates the time and effort put into my column. I hope my advice helped you in your selection as well as getting your best price. Remember, now that you have that new addition to your family, there are things that you must do. One might be to install an alarm system. This might help cut insurance costs! Another way is to get a window etching. What this is, is a serial number is etched into the glass of the main windows of the car. If your car happens to be stolen and chopped up, there is a reward for the "purchaser" of these serialized parts. But what does this mean to you, usually a reduction in insurance premiums, and the registering company also offers a monetary guarantee (my spelling is bad today) if your car does lose it's way!
And finally, don't forget to change your oil!! Every 3,000 miles will keep it nice and clean. Did you get an extended warranty yet? Look into warranty gold... they offer warranty on new cars only at about one half of what the dealer offers... I just bought one for my truck. It cost me $835 for 7 years and 100,000 miles of protection. The cost from the dealer for the same type product was well over $1800! And to top it off, you do NOT have to get your car repaired at the dealer! You can go anywhere, like Pep Boys for instance.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?