My Car Stalls
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1975 Dodge Dart with a slant-6 engine and 35,000 original miles. It stalls under certain conditions. I think dampness is the main culprit, but sometimes heat, and oddly it sometimes stalls as I turn a corner. Is it the distributor cap? I'm pretty sure this is the original cap.
Now this is very interesting! A 1975 dart with only 35k! It should still be covered under the warrenty except for the age. Well, the dampness sounds like an ignition problem, while the corner thing sounds like it might be fuel, unless there is a loose wire somewhere that pulls away from its contact during the corner. Let me ask you, does it start back up again? After how long? Check for loose grounds.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.