My Car Stalls
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1975 Dodge Dart with a slant-6 engine and 35,000 original miles. It stalls under certain conditions. I think dampness is the main culprit, but sometimes heat, and oddly it sometimes stalls as I turn a corner. Is it the distributor cap? I'm pretty sure this is the original cap.
Now this is very interesting! A 1975 dart with only 35k! It should still be covered under the warrenty except for the age. Well, the dampness sounds like an ignition problem, while the corner thing sounds like it might be fuel, unless there is a loose wire somewhere that pulls away from its contact during the corner. Let me ask you, does it start back up again? After how long? Check for loose grounds.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive maintenance section and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?