Chevrolet Baretta Drive Belt
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1995 Chevy Baretta and noticed small cracks on the serpentine belt but due to the configuration it looks like the motor mount may have to be removed in order to change the belt. Please let me know if you have a smooth approach to replacing the belt in this vehicle. I have changed these belts on a number of other vehicles over the years but have never run into this situation.
Are you sure that you have to remove the motor mount? That seems a bit odd. My brother has a '90 I think, and it seems straigt forward. What motor do you have in there? Is it the 2.8, the 3.8 what? Also, do you have the "bible" (for all of you out there that are thinking, "what does he want him to do, pray to the chevy gods to get his car fixed?". I mean the repair manual for your specific car.) If you dont, then I would suggest at least going to your local public library and looking for it there and photocopy everything that is pertinent to your repair. Also ther should be a sticker in the engine compartment of your car that indicates the belt routing. Check to see if what is actually on you car matches this. Somewhere along the line, someone might have changed it and put it on wrong! And now something is spinning backwards!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Your trickiest cleaning problems solved
- How to eliminate mosquitos for less Insider Report
- Choosing a roadside assistance plan
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?