Taurus Engine Quits
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I recently acquired a 1991 Taurus, 6-cylinder, with some 162 K kilometres. My son, the apprentice mechanic has taken the motor apart twice to correct different problems, but this problem keeps re-occuring. Every few days, as I am driving along, the engine just up and quits. The starter turns, but we get no spark. 5 to 10 minutes later, it starts and runs normally. We are guessing a bad wire somewhere, but where to start looking? We have no idea. The fault is difficult to replicate so tracing for a bad wire seems next to impossible. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Marty in Brantford
My first inclination would be the ignition module. I beleieve that on the taurus it is either mounted on the fender or on the fire wall. Try that.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?