'95 Silverado Brakes Squeal
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I just bought a 95' Chevy Silverado with extended cab V8 truck. Every time I start to apply the brakes it screeches or squeaks. This only happens when I start to apply them not when I apply more pressure and actually brake. It's driving me crazy !
You probably have semi metallic brake pads. This is normal. If the noise is really irritating, then try this. Remove the wheels. Using compressed air blow all of the dust away. be careful not to breathe it. Then, reinstall the wheels. I have a 96 Bronco that's doing the same thing. But I only seems to hear it like you said, when you first start to apply the brakes and only at certain speeds. I think between 15 and 35 mph.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 15 mistakes to avoid when selling your home
- 9 ways to buy furniture for less
- Need a bigger home? How to maximize the space you already have
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?