'95 Silverado Brakes Squeal
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I just bought a 95' Chevy Silverado with extended cab V8 truck. Every time I start to apply the brakes it screeches or squeaks. This only happens when I start to apply them not when I apply more pressure and actually brake. It's driving me crazy !
You probably have semi metallic brake pads. This is normal. If the noise is really irritating, then try this. Remove the wheels. Using compressed air blow all of the dust away. be careful not to breathe it. Then, reinstall the wheels. I have a 96 Bronco that's doing the same thing. But I only seems to hear it like you said, when you first start to apply the brakes and only at certain speeds. I think between 15 and 35 mph.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?