Advice from Mom: Useful Links
by Rae Osenbaugh
(editor's note: Rae specializes in common sense advice. Here she passes along some sites that have proved useful to her.)
Home Improvement and Repair offers help in categories such as decks and patios, landscape and garden, paint and decorating, flooring, and much more.
The Fabric Stain Removal Guide lists the treatments for individual stains, like fingernail polish, chewing gum, or tar.
At The Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Site, you click on a room, such the bathroom, and you're presented with helpful hints on cleaning that room. Did you know you can clean and deodorize a shower curtain with baking soda? At the kid's room, you're given instructions on how to make play clay crafts or simple science experiments using baking soda.
Ziploc Brand Bags offers Ziploc tips, freezer and refrigerator tips, and recommended shelf times.
Toiletology 101: A Complete Course in Toilet Repairs shows how to test for leaks, preventive maintenance, emergencies, and anything else you could possibly want to know about toilets.
The Old Farmer's Almanac is now on the Net, with their usual advice for gardening, weather, and more.
Trending on TDS
- 5 tips to starting an internet reselling business
- How to get your spending under control
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to reduce the cost of divorce
- Could the things you believe in hurt your finances?
- What to do when your savings don't match your retirement goals
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- Avoid these 10 common tax-filing mistakes
- 9 financial planning rules for women
- 8 things to put on your financial bucket list
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal