Advice from Mom: Useful Links
by Rae Osenbaugh
(editor's note: Rae specializes in common sense advice. Here she passes along some sites that have proved useful to her.)
Home Improvement and Repair offers help in categories such as decks and patios, landscape and garden, paint and decorating, flooring, and much more.
The Fabric Stain Removal Guide lists the treatments for individual stains, like fingernail polish, chewing gum, or tar.
At The Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Site, you click on a room, such the bathroom, and you're presented with helpful hints on cleaning that room. Did you know you can clean and deodorize a shower curtain with baking soda? At the kid's room, you're given instructions on how to make play clay crafts or simple science experiments using baking soda.
Ziploc Brand Bags offers Ziploc tips, freezer and refrigerator tips, and recommended shelf times.
Toiletology 101: A Complete Course in Toilet Repairs shows how to test for leaks, preventive maintenance, emergencies, and anything else you could possibly want to know about toilets.
The Old Farmer's Almanac is now on the Net, with their usual advice for gardening, weather, and more.
Trending on TDS
- Could social media be causing you to overspend?
- Save or pay down hospital bill? Video
- Frugal doesn't always mean getting the cheapest
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Why saving money doesn't have to be a drag any more
- How investing style changes over your lifetime
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- What to do if your credit card rate goes up
- 3 steps to rebuilding an emergency fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates