Advice from Mom: Useful Links
by Rae Osenbaugh
(editor's note: Rae specializes in common sense advice. Here she passes along some sites that have proved useful to her.)
Home Improvement and Repair offers help in categories such as decks and patios, landscape and garden, paint and decorating, flooring, and much more.
The Fabric Stain Removal Guide lists the treatments for individual stains, like fingernail polish, chewing gum, or tar.
At The Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Site, you click on a room, such the bathroom, and you're presented with helpful hints on cleaning that room. Did you know you can clean and deodorize a shower curtain with baking soda? At the kid's room, you're given instructions on how to make play clay crafts or simple science experiments using baking soda.
Ziploc Brand Bags offers Ziploc tips, freezer and refrigerator tips, and recommended shelf times.
Toiletology 101: A Complete Course in Toilet Repairs shows how to test for leaks, preventive maintenance, emergencies, and anything else you could possibly want to know about toilets.
The Old Farmer's Almanac is now on the Net, with their usual advice for gardening, weather, and more.
Trending on TDS
- 8 ways to beat retail therapy
- The beginner's guide to budgeting success
- My favorite money-saving app
- Can you inherit your parents' debts?
- Should I use automatic bill payments?
- Ways to raise quick cash
- 11 hidden credit card fees you've never heard of
- Tips for boosting your credit score
- How long should you wait for price drops before buying?
- 7 times you can save money by spending money
Negotiating your next raise
Negotiating for a raise requires preparation, practice and flexibility.
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal