Oil Change Frequency
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
It is suggested that you have your car's oil changed every 3,000 miles. The AAA is recommending 6,000 miles. What do you suggest?
Linda in Baltimore, OH
You must be a new reader or you heard it from me and don't remember! I preach 3000 miles all the time!! It is the life blood of your car and it is your duty to keep it clean! Depending on the type of car that you drive and the climate and terrain, you can adjust this number a little, but I would not got over 5000! If you drive a turbo charged car then you should change it even more often!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.