Oil Change Frequency
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
It is suggested that you have your car's oil changed every 3,000 miles. The AAA is recommending 6,000 miles. What do you suggest?
Linda in Baltimore, OH
You must be a new reader or you heard it from me and don't remember! I preach 3000 miles all the time!! It is the life blood of your car and it is your duty to keep it clean! Depending on the type of car that you drive and the climate and terrain, you can adjust this number a little, but I would not got over 5000! If you drive a turbo charged car then you should change it even more often!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- For more money-saving auto articles, check out The Dollar Stretcher Auto Section.
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. Compare them now to find the best one for you.
- Are you getting the best auto insurance rate? See how much you could save with one click. Fast, free quotes, online comparisons, and instant access to ID cards!
- Before you buy or sell a vehicle, get all the facts. Edmunds.com will give you what you need to know to make a confident deal.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?