Oil Change Frequency
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
It is suggested that you have your car's oil changed every 3,000 miles. The AAA is recommending 6,000 miles. What do you suggest?
Linda in Baltimore, OH
You must be a new reader or you heard it from me and don't remember! I preach 3000 miles all the time!! It is the life blood of your car and it is your duty to keep it clean! Depending on the type of car that you drive and the climate and terrain, you can adjust this number a little, but I would not got over 5000! If you drive a turbo charged car then you should change it even more often!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?