Oil Change Frequency
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
It is suggested that you have your car's oil changed every 3,000 miles. The AAA is recommending 6,000 miles. What do you suggest?
Linda in Baltimore, OH
You must be a new reader or you heard it from me and don't remember! I preach 3000 miles all the time!! It is the life blood of your car and it is your duty to keep it clean! Depending on the type of car that you drive and the climate and terrain, you can adjust this number a little, but I would not got over 5000! If you drive a turbo charged car then you should change it even more often!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Take the Next Step
- For more articles automobiles, check out The Dollar Stretcher Auto Section
- Before you buy or sell a vehicle, check out Edmunds.com
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them.
- Save on Auto Insurance. Fast, free quotes, online comparisons, and instant access to ID cards!
- Great things are happening on Pinterest! Visit our "Money-Saving Auto Tips" board today!
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?