'93 Aerostar with Loose Screws
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
We have a 1993 Ford Aerostar minivan that we really enjoy, except for one very annoying problem! We constantly have screws on the interior of the van coming loose! Our door panels especially have been the victims of this problem. We are at our wits end trying to keep the screws in the panels and have had some cracks trying to get the screws to hold in their places. Any advice would be appreciated!
Joe and Holly in Austin, Texas
Joe and Holly,
Try a little acrylic caulk on the threads. That should hold the screws in from vibrating out but not lock them in like some other products. Another thing that I like about the caulk is that the little bit that squeezes out and easily be removed so you will never know it's there. Also, they come in colors or crystal clear. Go to your local home improvement store and check it out. Just watch out for the 100% silicon versions. They are not as easy to work with and clean up as the acrylics.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Experts guide to line drying clothes
- How to decorate your patio inexpensively
- Organic weed control guide
- Buying furniture from the manufacturer
- Moving on a dime
- Homemade room and fabric deodorizers
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?