'93 Aerostar with Loose Screws
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
We have a 1993 Ford Aerostar minivan that we really enjoy, except for one very annoying problem! We constantly have screws on the interior of the van coming loose! Our door panels especially have been the victims of this problem. We are at our wits end trying to keep the screws in the panels and have had some cracks trying to get the screws to hold in their places. Any advice would be appreciated!
Joe and Holly in Austin, Texas
Joe and Holly,
Try a little acrylic caulk on the threads. That should hold the screws in from vibrating out but not lock them in like some other products. Another thing that I like about the caulk is that the little bit that squeezes out and easily be removed so you will never know it's there. Also, they come in colors or crystal clear. Go to your local home improvement store and check it out. Just watch out for the 100% silicon versions. They are not as easy to work with and clean up as the acrylics.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?