'90 Mitsubishi Losing Power
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse the mileage is over 92,000 Over the last year I've noticed a significant power loss, I would appreciate any ideas you have on what the cause could be and how I can remedy this.
I hope that you had followed your manufacture recommended maintenance interval!! If not, then there might not be anything to do. If you have, then it might be as simple as a fuel injector cleaning. It is also possible that your catalytic converter or muffler might be plugged. Also, do a compression check to see if everything is balanced. then do a leak down check to see if any gaskets or valves are bad.
The Auto Answer Guy?
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?