'90 Mitsubishi Losing Power
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse the mileage is over 92,000 Over the last year I've noticed a significant power loss, I would appreciate any ideas you have on what the cause could be and how I can remedy this.
I hope that you had followed your manufacture recommended maintenance interval!! If not, then there might not be anything to do. If you have, then it might be as simple as a fuel injector cleaning. It is also possible that your catalytic converter or muffler might be plugged. Also, do a compression check to see if everything is balanced. then do a leak down check to see if any gaskets or valves are bad.
The Auto Answer Guy?
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?