'90 Mitsubishi Losing Power
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse the mileage is over 92,000 Over the last year I've noticed a significant power loss, I would appreciate any ideas you have on what the cause could be and how I can remedy this.
I hope that you had followed your manufacture recommended maintenance interval!! If not, then there might not be anything to do. If you have, then it might be as simple as a fuel injector cleaning. It is also possible that your catalytic converter or muffler might be plugged. Also, do a compression check to see if everything is balanced. then do a leak down check to see if any gaskets or valves are bad.
The Auto Answer Guy?
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- 5 steps to saving money with a lasagna garden
- Buying a lease/option home
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- How a "time of use" meter could reduce your electric bill
- 10 ways to set up a home office without blowing your budget
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?