'90 Mitsubishi Losing Power
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse the mileage is over 92,000 Over the last year I've noticed a significant power loss, I would appreciate any ideas you have on what the cause could be and how I can remedy this.
I hope that you had followed your manufacture recommended maintenance interval!! If not, then there might not be anything to do. If you have, then it might be as simple as a fuel injector cleaning. It is also possible that your catalytic converter or muffler might be plugged. Also, do a compression check to see if everything is balanced. then do a leak down check to see if any gaskets or valves are bad.
The Auto Answer Guy?
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Downsizing to a smaller house
- How to clean a stone fireplace
- Clear out Christmas clutter
- Romantic bedrooms on a budget
- Cleaning dryer vents
- Helping a packrat get organized
- Convenient floor cleaners
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?