'90 Mitsubishi Losing Power
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I own a 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse the mileage is over 92,000 Over the last year I've noticed a significant power loss, I would appreciate any ideas you have on what the cause could be and how I can remedy this.
I hope that you had followed your manufacture recommended maintenance interval!! If not, then there might not be anything to do. If you have, then it might be as simple as a fuel injector cleaning. It is also possible that your catalytic converter or muffler might be plugged. Also, do a compression check to see if everything is balanced. then do a leak down check to see if any gaskets or valves are bad.
The Auto Answer Guy?
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- Combining loans before a mortgage application
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- Top ways to save big oin furniture
- Winning the war against invading ants
- Restoring brass fixtures
- How to keep neighbor dogs from using your yard as an outhouse
- How to revive old yard tools
- Cleaning a greasy driveway
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?