Winterizing Your Car
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Plan for Winter's Worst
5 Ways to Prepare Your Car for Winter Driving
3 Timely Tips to Take Care of Your Car in Winter
What are the most important things you should do to get your car winterized?
Well this is a very good question and I am surprised that no one has asked that before. Plain and simple here it goes:
- Make sure your battery is good and strong. It takes a lot more power to start your car when it is really cold outside.
- Make sure your tires are good. Without traction, you might lose control and we don't want that.
- Make sure that your coolant system is operational. Even though it's called coolant, it also keeps your car warm. You cant imagine how many cars overheat in the winter because of this problem.
- Make sure that your fuel system is clean. Have some "dry gas" in the gas tank. This will help displace the water so it does not freeze.
- And finally, just like any other time of the year, make sure your car is properly tuned up.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?