courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 85 Honda Civic with 177,000 has developed an intermittent chirping sound that seems to be coming from the steering column. I don't have power steering. It has gotten progressively more noticeable over the past month. Sometimes it is not there when I start a trip - but inevitably appears. any ideas? Do you think this could wait until the next oil change, or should I get it looked at now It's running OK.
Is it a chirping sound from the steering column or from the dash board? I bet that it is the speedometer cable that is making the noise. Basically it needs a lube job!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.