courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 85 Honda Civic with 177,000 has developed an intermittent chirping sound that seems to be coming from the steering column. I don't have power steering. It has gotten progressively more noticeable over the past month. Sometimes it is not there when I start a trip - but inevitably appears. any ideas? Do you think this could wait until the next oil change, or should I get it looked at now It's running OK.
Is it a chirping sound from the steering column or from the dash board? I bet that it is the speedometer cable that is making the noise. Basically it needs a lube job!
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?