Saturn Fanbelt Squeals
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 94 Saturn's fanbelt makes a squeal only when I first start up. As soon as it warms up it's quiet. Does this mean it's slipping? Should I take it to a garage or should I try belt dressing?
I had a Ford that did that. It was really annoying. At first, I thought it was a little moisture from the morning dew and all that. I let it go on for a while, because it would stop after a minute or two. Then I brought the car into the dealer on an unrelated topic and they told me that the belt tensioner was shot and needed to be replaced. You might want to have some one look at it to see if this applies to you.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Downsizing to a smaller house
- How to clean a stone fireplace
- Clear out Christmas clutter
- Romantic bedrooms on a budget
- Cleaning dryer vents
- Helping a packrat get organized
- Convenient floor cleaners
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?