Saturn Fanbelt Squeals
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 94 Saturn's fanbelt makes a squeal only when I first start up. As soon as it warms up it's quiet. Does this mean it's slipping? Should I take it to a garage or should I try belt dressing?
I had a Ford that did that. It was really annoying. At first, I thought it was a little moisture from the morning dew and all that. I let it go on for a while, because it would stop after a minute or two. Then I brought the car into the dealer on an unrelated topic and they told me that the belt tensioner was shot and needed to be replaced. You might want to have some one look at it to see if this applies to you.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?