Saturn Fanbelt Squeals
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
My 94 Saturn's fanbelt makes a squeal only when I first start up. As soon as it warms up it's quiet. Does this mean it's slipping? Should I take it to a garage or should I try belt dressing?
I had a Ford that did that. It was really annoying. At first, I thought it was a little moisture from the morning dew and all that. I let it go on for a while, because it would stop after a minute or two. Then I brought the car into the dealer on an unrelated topic and they told me that the belt tensioner was shot and needed to be replaced. You might want to have some one look at it to see if this applies to you.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: AskBob@stretcher.com. He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.