Used Car History
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Is there any way to get a dealer to reveal the prior history of a used car?
Maybe with a baseball bat? The only other recourse that you have is to have a VIN (vehicle identification number) search performed by your local DMV. This will tell you how many have owned the vehicle before and if it was in an accident. Other than that, I don't believe that they are obligated to tell you anything. Up until just recently, they did not even have to disclose the complete terms of a lease and all of the hidden fees, charges and surcharges. So if they don't have to tell you how much you are paying, why should they tell you what you are paying for? Ironic, huh?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?