Used Car History
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Is there any way to get a dealer to reveal the prior history of a used car?
Maybe with a baseball bat? The only other recourse that you have is to have a VIN (vehicle identification number) search performed by your local DMV. This will tell you how many have owned the vehicle before and if it was in an accident. Other than that, I don't believe that they are obligated to tell you anything. Up until just recently, they did not even have to disclose the complete terms of a lease and all of the hidden fees, charges and surcharges. So if they don't have to tell you how much you are paying, why should they tell you what you are paying for? Ironic, huh?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Getting rid of hornets
- Does home ownership or renting make more sense in retirement? Expert Interview
- Finding an affordable safe handyman
- Make your decor pop with these little things
- Affordable window treatments
- Make a game room for your family on a dime
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?