Used Car History
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Is there any way to get a dealer to reveal the prior history of a used car?
Maybe with a baseball bat? The only other recourse that you have is to have a VIN (vehicle identification number) search performed by your local DMV. This will tell you how many have owned the vehicle before and if it was in an accident. Other than that, I don't believe that they are obligated to tell you anything. Up until just recently, they did not even have to disclose the complete terms of a lease and all of the hidden fees, charges and surcharges. So if they don't have to tell you how much you are paying, why should they tell you what you are paying for? Ironic, huh?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?