Used Car History
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Is there any way to get a dealer to reveal the prior history of a used car?
Maybe with a baseball bat? The only other recourse that you have is to have a VIN (vehicle identification number) search performed by your local DMV. This will tell you how many have owned the vehicle before and if it was in an accident. Other than that, I don't believe that they are obligated to tell you anything. Up until just recently, they did not even have to disclose the complete terms of a lease and all of the hidden fees, charges and surcharges. So if they don't have to tell you how much you are paying, why should they tell you what you are paying for? Ironic, huh?
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- A comparison of cordless tools: Is cheapest the most frugal?
- How to avoid overloaded electric this Christmas
- Two routines to keep your home running smoothly
- Homemade wrinkle releaser
- Being prepared for a power outage
- Burn corn to heat your home
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?