About Gardening: Growing Herbs for Cooking
by Mira Dessy
I read your post on Dollar Stretcher, and thought I'd ask you if you can point me in the right direction on growing herbs (for cooking) from home? Any suggestions, information, resources on the Internet, etc., would be appreciated. Thanks.
My favorite two books for growing and using herbs are:
- At Home With Herbs by Jane Newdick, published by Storey Publishing
- Using Herbs in the Landscape: How to Design and Grow Gardens of Herbal Annuals, Perennials, Shrubs, and Trees by Debra Kirkpatrick, published by Stackpole Books
The first one is a cooking/craft/medicinal usage book. The second one has lots of good information about attractively planting herbs and shrubs and such.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Protect yourself from buying a lemon of a home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?