About Gardening: Growing Herbs for Cooking
by Mira Dessy
I read your post on Dollar Stretcher, and thought I'd ask you if you can point me in the right direction on growing herbs (for cooking) from home? Any suggestions, information, resources on the Internet, etc., would be appreciated. Thanks.
My favorite two books for growing and using herbs are:
- At Home With Herbs by Jane Newdick, published by Storey Publishing
- Using Herbs in the Landscape: How to Design and Grow Gardens of Herbal Annuals, Perennials, Shrubs, and Trees by Debra Kirkpatrick, published by Stackpole Books
The first one is a cooking/craft/medicinal usage book. The second one has lots of good information about attractively planting herbs and shrubs and such.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?