About Gardening: Growing Herbs for Cooking
by Mira Dessy
I read your post on Dollar Stretcher, and thought I'd ask you if you can point me in the right direction on growing herbs (for cooking) from home? Any suggestions, information, resources on the Internet, etc., would be appreciated. Thanks.
My favorite two books for growing and using herbs are:
- At Home With Herbs by Jane Newdick, published by Storey Publishing
- Using Herbs in the Landscape: How to Design and Grow Gardens of Herbal Annuals, Perennials, Shrubs, and Trees by Debra Kirkpatrick, published by Stackpole Books
The first one is a cooking/craft/medicinal usage book. The second one has lots of good information about attractively planting herbs and shrubs and such.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.