About Gardening: Growing Herbs for Cooking
by Mira Dessy
I read your post on Dollar Stretcher, and thought I'd ask you if you can point me in the right direction on growing herbs (for cooking) from home? Any suggestions, information, resources on the Internet, etc., would be appreciated. Thanks.
My favorite two books for growing and using herbs are:
- At Home With Herbs by Jane Newdick, published by Storey Publishing
- Using Herbs in the Landscape: How to Design and Grow Gardens of Herbal Annuals, Perennials, Shrubs, and Trees by Debra Kirkpatrick, published by Stackpole Books
The first one is a cooking/craft/medicinal usage book. The second one has lots of good information about attractively planting herbs and shrubs and such.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?