About Gardening: Growing Herbs for Cooking
by Mira Dessy
I read your post on Dollar Stretcher, and thought I'd ask you if you can point me in the right direction on growing herbs (for cooking) from home? Any suggestions, information, resources on the Internet, etc., would be appreciated. Thanks.
My favorite two books for growing and using herbs are:
- At Home With Herbs by Jane Newdick, published by Storey Publishing
- Using Herbs in the Landscape: How to Design and Grow Gardens of Herbal Annuals, Perennials, Shrubs, and Trees by Debra Kirkpatrick, published by Stackpole Books
The first one is a cooking/craft/medicinal usage book. The second one has lots of good information about attractively planting herbs and shrubs and such.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?