Ask the Master Plumber: Closet Flanges
by Sherm Turner
Is it necessary to have a closet floor flange installed underneath the toilet? We are having trouble replacing new wax seal gaskets. Also every 10-12 months another leak develops.
Yes, a closet flange is necessary to install underneath the toilet. It is also required by the plumbing codes. The closet flange also provides the support and fastening device used to fasten the toilet secure to the floor.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.