Ask the Master Plumber: Leaky Pipes
by Sherm Turner
I'm trying to replace some old plumbing in my basement and and I used teflon pipe dope. The piping that I install has a small leak at the threads. What is the trick or how do I fix this? Please advise me; is there a special trick I must use to get a seal and fix my leak?
The proper way to repair a screw pipe type leak when installing new or replacement piping and fittings: Use teflon pipe tape, which is much better seal at times than teflon pipe dope.
Debt is preventing me from taking a vacation this year or the vacation I'd like to take this year! Tell us: Yes, debt is affecting my vacation plans! or No, we're going exactly where we want to go but we'd love to learn make our trip as inexpensive as possible!
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?