Ask the Master Plumber: Leaky Pipes
by Sherm Turner
I'm trying to replace some old plumbing in my basement and and I used teflon pipe dope. The piping that I install has a small leak at the threads. What is the trick or how do I fix this? Please advise me; is there a special trick I must use to get a seal and fix my leak?
The proper way to repair a screw pipe type leak when installing new or replacement piping and fittings: Use teflon pipe tape, which is much better seal at times than teflon pipe dope.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?