CopyKat Recipes: Caesar Salad, Cheese Biscuits and Shrimp Scampi
by Stephanie Manley
Well this month I am going to give you some of my most requested recipes. I realize that many of your may not have heard of Anthony's, but they do have some of the best Caesar Salad, and Caesar Salads are definitely one of the most requested. We will head over to Red Lobster for some of their wonderful Biscuits, and finally Shrimp Scampi.
Anthony's Caesar Salad
- 1 1/2 heads romaine lettuce, cleaned, rinsed and torn in pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 anchovies
- 2 1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 C. grated romano cheese
- 1 C. homemade croutons
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
Dry and chill letter in refrigerator. In large wooden bowl, mash garlic with mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, anchovies, and vinegar until smooth. Pour in oil while whisking and mix until smooth. Mix in cheese. Add lettuce croutons. Toss well and serve on chilled salad plates. Offer freshly ground white pepper on top.
Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits
- 2 C. flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. Crisco
- 2/3 C. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 C. sharp American cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Sift dry ingredients together. Add 1/2 of grated cheese to Crisco, and mix well then cut the shortening into the dry ingredients. Mix everything in until it becomes coarse. Add buttermilk, and mix until it becomes uniform. Drop biscuits into greased muffin tins. This will make about 12 or so. When you have completed this sprinkle over the rest of the cheese, a little extra garlic powder, and some dried parsley. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. When done remove from oven, and brush on a little butter. Serve while still warm.
Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2 C. Bisquick
- 1/2 C. cold water
- 3/4 C. grated, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1 t. parsley flakes
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
Bake 450 for 8-10 minutes, brush with the butter and spices - you know the drill. However, you cannot make the EXACT biscuits, because they have a special butter/garlic sauce that is not available to the general public.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- 1 C. white wine
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter (do not use Margarine)
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
Bake at 350 degree oven for about 6 to 7 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the Shrimp. The shrimp is done when it has turned pink.
With CopyKat recipes you can have your favorite restaurant meals without all the expense (not to mention impressing your guests!). Visit the CopyKat website CopyKat.com for a wealth of wonderful recipes. You'll be better than "B_____ Market" in no time!
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
Money-Saving Tools for Families
Trending This Week
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Ways to reduce the financial and emotional costs of a divorce
- Surprising reasons to have family meal time
- Will your family be taken care of if something happens to you?
- How to teach kids about compound interest
- This week's Readers' Tips