Sentra 'Clicks' When It Turns
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'd like to inquire for my husband. His Sentra has held up very well, but now he's having one problem after another. The latest has been the standard maintenance things like muffler and exhaust. But, the other day his steering wheel seems to click when he's turning. It's fairly loud. Any clues as to what it is and if he needs to have a mechanic take a look at it. It has over 100,000 miles, but it's been so reliable. I know he'll be needing tires soon, so any other repairs seem significant. I thank you ahead for your attention to our car matters.
CV JOINTS! I don't think I could say it any louder! The clicking sign is a tell-tale sign that the CV joints are bad. I bet that if you look inter the front of the car at the axle that connects the tires to the engine, you will find that there is a broken boot.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?