Sentra 'Clicks' When It Turns
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'd like to inquire for my husband. His Sentra has held up very well, but now he's having one problem after another. The latest has been the standard maintenance things like muffler and exhaust. But, the other day his steering wheel seems to click when he's turning. It's fairly loud. Any clues as to what it is and if he needs to have a mechanic take a look at it. It has over 100,000 miles, but it's been so reliable. I know he'll be needing tires soon, so any other repairs seem significant. I thank you ahead for your attention to our car matters.
CV JOINTS! I don't think I could say it any louder! The clicking sign is a tell-tale sign that the CV joints are bad. I bet that if you look inter the front of the car at the axle that connects the tires to the engine, you will find that there is a broken boot.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?