Sentra 'Clicks' When It Turns
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'd like to inquire for my husband. His Sentra has held up very well, but now he's having one problem after another. The latest has been the standard maintenance things like muffler and exhaust. But, the other day his steering wheel seems to click when he's turning. It's fairly loud. Any clues as to what it is and if he needs to have a mechanic take a look at it. It has over 100,000 miles, but it's been so reliable. I know he'll be needing tires soon, so any other repairs seem significant. I thank you ahead for your attention to our car matters.
CV JOINTS! I don't think I could say it any louder! The clicking sign is a tell-tale sign that the CV joints are bad. I bet that if you look inter the front of the car at the axle that connects the tires to the engine, you will find that there is a broken boot.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Safe and natural hardwood floor cleaner
- Sectional sofas in small spaces
- Cleaning tile floors
- Could a home security system be right for you?
- Make your own Christmas topiaries
- Natural home clean up
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?