Sentra 'Clicks' When It Turns
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I'd like to inquire for my husband. His Sentra has held up very well, but now he's having one problem after another. The latest has been the standard maintenance things like muffler and exhaust. But, the other day his steering wheel seems to click when he's turning. It's fairly loud. Any clues as to what it is and if he needs to have a mechanic take a look at it. It has over 100,000 miles, but it's been so reliable. I know he'll be needing tires soon, so any other repairs seem significant. I thank you ahead for your attention to our car matters.
CV JOINTS! I don't think I could say it any louder! The clicking sign is a tell-tale sign that the CV joints are bad. I bet that if you look inter the front of the car at the axle that connects the tires to the engine, you will find that there is a broken boot.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Take the Next Step
- Reduce the cost of your gasoline with a 'gas card'. You can compare them here.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?