by Sherm Turner
Our sewer in the basement has been getting plugged-up lately. We have been using a sewer cleaning service that advertises 24 hour emergency service. After they unplug the sewer and it may take 10 minutes or so. The sewer keeps plugging up again within 12 hours? Please help and advise?
Yes, this is what most sewer cleaning services does. Some firms may unplug and relief the sewer line to make money, in 10 minutes because that is easy. But a good plumber will clean out the sewer thoroughly with the electric sewer machine and change blade sizes.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?