by Sherm Turner
Our sewer in the basement has been getting plugged-up lately. We have been using a sewer cleaning service that advertises 24 hour emergency service. After they unplug the sewer and it may take 10 minutes or so. The sewer keeps plugging up again within 12 hours? Please help and advise?
Yes, this is what most sewer cleaning services does. Some firms may unplug and relief the sewer line to make money, in 10 minutes because that is easy. But a good plumber will clean out the sewer thoroughly with the electric sewer machine and change blade sizes.
Sherm Turner is a Master Plumber with over 30 years experience. "Ask the Master Plumber" is his way of encouraging people to help the disabled, elderly, handicapped and children. If you have a question for Sherm, email it to him at: email@example.com.
Also in Home
- 5 reasons to consider living in a tiny house
- Homemade cleanser recipes
- Free fireplace logs
- Updating vinyl blinds for less
- When you can't afford housing repairs
- Winterizing your apartment
- Preventing an annual visit from the rooter guy
- Fall care for your fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- APR and mortgage rate: What you need to know
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?